Reading club: The Elements of Statistical Learning
Online Course: StatLearning@Standford
- An Introductory Book: http://www-bcf.usc.edu/~gareth/ISL/ISLR%20Seventh%20Printing.pdf
The easiest way of creating notes is to duplicate one of the previous .md files and make changes to it.
Code of conduct:
- Create a markdown file with extension
- Any file name works, however, file names begins with two-digit number would be a nice convention.
- The markdown file has to include a header session that specifies the meta data. Here is an example.
--- title: "01.Introductions" date: 2016-06-30 author: OctoMiao summary: Some basics of statistical learning ---
---is used to enclose the meta data. The four fields in the example is required.
- The contents of the notes should be written in markdown (kramdown).
- Inline math is enclosed by
$\beta$; Display math is enclosed by
$$\alpha + \beta = \gamma$$.
- Figures can be included simply using the markdown syntax
!(../assets/yourfolder/your-image.png). We suggest creating a folder with the same name of your markdown file in the
assetsfolder. Pay attention to the path of the image. Eventhough the
assetsfolder is under the same path as the file, we have to add
../to the path because jekyll will generate a folder out of this markdown file.
- For other syntax, refer to typography of neuronstar.